The word “Reiki” means “Universal Love” and the act of Reiki is Universal Healing of the planet, animals, and humans. Reiki is a touch healing system that can be sent as distance healing as well. Reiki is a centuries-old healing system that is now being integrated into Western medicine. Many hospitals around the country are starting to hire Reiki practitioners for their patients and seeing positive results from their work.
All healing begins with self-healing. Reiki healing begins with the Reiki practitioner using a Reiki position, placing their hands on the person to be healed, with no pressure. The life force energy known as “Ki” is what produces the healing flowing through the Chakras in the centers of the palms and the tips of each finger.
The best thing to expect is nothing at all! Just let it happen. Every Reiki session will feel different and each person will have a different experience, but there are some common sensations that clients feel. Most describe feeling warm tingling sensations just below where the Reiki Master’s hands are hovering or lightly touching. Some describe feeling gentle warm pulses while others say they feel coolness. Some may even start to cry when working in the heart center. This is not a sad cry, but rather a final release of an emotional block or hurt that will never have an effect on their reality again—a true healing of the heart. Very often clients say they feel as if there are two or three different pairs of hands working on them at the same time. They are elated when informed that what they were feeling was actually the healing hands of their own spirit guides and angels.
Here some benefits:
- Creates deep relaxation and aids the body to release stress and tension,
- It accelerates the bodie’s self-healing abilities,
- Aids better sleep,
- Reduces blood pressure
- Can help with accute (injuries) and chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.) and aides the breaking of addictions,
- Helps relieve pain,
- Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance and harmony,
- Assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins,
- Reduces some of the side effects of drugs and helps the body to recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy,
- Supports the immune system,
- Increases vitality and postpones the aging process,
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body,
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing
If you are a healer or you are learning to heal yourself, check this video: tibetan bells that helps you to change hands positions.